Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cooking Games and the Toaster Oven


I’m not a huge chef in the kitchen, and in fact, I’m pretty pitiful at time when it comes to slicing and dicing. But I do have a certain edge when it comes to one instrument in my kitchen. I am a whiz on the toaster oven. I have a very nice model of the toaster oven. Mine is a stainless steel convection oven large enough to cook a dozen cookies or a full frozen pizza. It’s really an oven that sits on the counter, which is good since my “real” oven is about thirty years old and not the ideal.

Using the toaster oven, I’m able to make toast, bake cookies and broil French fries. The convection feature on the oven helps it to cook evenly and is now a standard for everything that goes into the machine. Want to bake cookies? Use convection settings. Want to heat up pizza? Confection. It actually browns things more naturally than just baking alone, especially in such a small setting. If I could have nothing else in my kitchen, I’d bring along a mini fridge, a small microwave and a confection oven. I’d be set, at least until I needed to wash dishes in a sink I didn’t bring along.

No comments: