Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cooking Games in 10 Minutes or Less


I need to start some new cooking games in my household. By the time I get two boys home from gymnastics, I’ll be looking for something to fix very quickly before it’s time for some homework and bed. Our days fly by during the school year, but I don’t want to always eat out for simplicity’s sake. I want to be able to feed my children something that is at least mostly nutritious at home, although I’m sure I’ll forsake cooking games at least once in favor of take out.

But I can at least try to make some 10 minute meals for the kids. The best bet are things that are simple foods. Pasta is a simple food and goes over well in my household, especially since the boys don’t like sauce. Basic meat dishes are easy, too, since they don’t need to roast. A baked chicken breast feeds us easily and a steak can actually be pretty quick, too. The trick will be to do the prep beforehand as much as possible so that I can just throw everything together as I walk in the door. Tricky, but it can be done.

No comments: