Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cooking Games and School Lunches


I recently realized that I’m overdoing my cooking games to make school lunches by actually making them. To make school lunches, you’re apparently supposed to buy everything preassembled and chunk it into the lunch box. I’ll admit I like this idea a lot. I also think it will work well for my two kids – or at least one of them. One of my boys would love a packaged lunch every day. The other one is a bit of a picky eater. He wouldn’t eat anything in those packaged lunches.

So that means that at least my morning cooking games for school lunches is simplified by one. I can grab something and chunk it into the youngest’s lunch box. And then I can take the few minutes necessary to assemble the food items my oldest requires to eat at his lunch time. Once everything is there, it will be delicious and hopefully at least marginally nutritious. But then, you just never know how these things will turn out. You can use your cooking games to make a very special lunch and the kids wind up drinking the juice and eating chips. It’s always a gamble.

No comments: