Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cooking Games and Cleaning Up


The worst part of playing cooking games for me is the clean-up. Nobody wants to clean up at the end of the day, but unfortunately, it’s just one of those things that has to happen – especially with my version of cooking games. When I cook, I’m a bit hard on the countertops and pans. I make a huge mess. But then, if you ask me anyway, what fun is cooking if you don’t make some sort of mess? It’s just part of the process of cooking games.

But with the messes I make, I know full well that I have to be responsible for what happens next. I have to clean it up. While not the most fun I could have in a day, I realize that cleaning up is a fact of life. To clean properly I load up the sink with the dirty dishes and then attack the countertops. Once the counters are clean, I load up the dishwasher and start it. Then, as the last step, I sweep up anything that might have fallen to the floor. It seems like it takes forever, but the full cleaning process really only takes about fifteen minutes tops.

No comments: