Monday, July 25, 2011

Cooking Games on the Grill


Over the summer, I’ve decided that I’m not going to use the oven unless I’m making a sweet treat. Rather than cooking up large items that require the oven, I’m using the grill. It’s been a long time since I actually used the grill to cook, and the first time I fired it up this summer was probably the first time I’ve fired it up in a couple of years. But this was my summer to learn some more cooking games, and learn them I did!

I now know how to play cooking games with steak, chicken, pork, sausage and hamburgers. I am almost experienced enough to cook a meal every day of the week on the grill and not have to repeat myself. Sadly this is much more accomplished than I am using the oven or the stove, and I’m rather proud of my accomplishments. Thanks to a gas grill, I’m able to fire up the grill for some cooking games, take a few minutes to get the meat ready, and then simply throw it on the grill. It cooks while I work on side dishes and just like that – we have delicious summer cooking games!

No comments: