Monday, June 13, 2011

Cooking Games: Layer Cakes


Today I played some cooking games with my sons. We made a layer cake, and frankly after those cooking games, I’m feeling a bit sick right now. Our layer cake is delicious. My oldest son was convinced that rather than just a stacked layer cake, we needed to have a layer cake that more closely resembled a wedding or tiered layer cake. He wanted at least four layers to be present in decreasing size.

I took this request as a challenge to overcome with my cooking games, and after whipping up a box of cake mix, I used a collection of casserole dishes and baking pans to get my four rounds of varying size. The best part of the cooking game came when it was time to stack the cake. The four little layers I’d made for the cake weren’t very big – I only had one bag of cake mix, after all. The end product of our cooking games was a tiny layer cake that looked like a doll’s wedding cake. It might look tiny, but it was delicious!

No comments: