Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cooking Games and Avoiding Sugar


There are too many sugary delicious items out there for me and my cooking games. I loved making cookies, brownies and cakes with my kids and I still do at times, but it’s starting to bother me how little there is that’s fun to make that is sugar free. Not only is sugar bad for all of us, but it’s been affecting my health and my energy levels lately. I’m bound and determined to find cooking games that require less sugar and healthier overall.

The one area where I’ve decided to start my new cooking games are the breads. Making bread is actually pretty fun, especially if you start mixing in different ingredients. Granted, there is still sugar in bread, but there is considerably less in the dark breads than the white breads, so I’ll be starting there. I’m going to play cooking games with my kids and we’ll all have fun with steaming, hot bread for snacks this winter.

No comments: