Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cooking Games: Summer Smoothies


As the weather heats up, it’s time to find the best smoothie recipes out there. I like to experiment over the summer with various forms of recipes and creations to find a recipe that I can enjoy depending on my mood of the day.

Some of the smoothies I make include ice cream or frozen yogurt which make them taste and feel much more like a milk shake than anything else. Others are more health conscious with only frozen fruit blended together with a bit of fresh juice.

To make it easier to play these smoothie cooking games, I keep a collection of frozen fruit in my freezer. When my bananas start to turn, I slice them up and freeze them. Strawberries are frozen easily and so are all kinds of berries. To make the smoothie, I only need a handful of this and that along with some milk and juice and a cold, healthy snack is ready and waiting.

No comments: