Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Problems with Cooking Games


Cooking games don’t get nearly as much attention as they deserve. I love cooking games for the skills they teach as well as the fun you can have while playing. Of course, if you’re into cooking games, you know that there are some quirks that might could stand improvement.

Cooking games lack variety. I’d love to see something come out in cooking games that is really new and fascinating. Cooking games get a bit similar across the board. Although there is some variety, I’d really love to see something truly new and different.

Cooking games get repetitive. If you like to try new things with every round, cooking games might be a bit frustrating. In cooking games, the objective usually stays the same, but the intensity changes as you progress from one level to the next.

Cooking games aren’t multicultural. I’d like to see more cooking games that teach me about other cultures rather than baking cakes, pizzas and barbeque. Why can’t I make gyros or fajitas or something? Surely there are other things in the world that we can implement into a cooking game.

No comments: